Saturday, October 07, 2006

"I will both lie down and sleep in peace; for you alone, O Lord, make me lie down in safety." Ps. 8:8

One dying, one dead, one drinking himself to death, one starving herself to death, one wishing that death would come like an old friend slipping into his room, one barricading the door against the intruder. So many needs, O Lord, so much pain and brokenness. Thank you, Lord Jesus, for holding it all in your hands. Thank you, Shepherd of Israel, for standing watch through the night. Let me be like the psalmist. Let me lie down and sleep in the peace of resurrection faith. O Lord, make me like down in safety and rise to the glory of dawn. Amen.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh wow, what a load of people's needs you are caring for. May you expereince the rest that the Psalmist speaks of.

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home