Wednesday, September 27, 2006

I am giving serious consideration this morning to the place of coffee in the life of a Presbyterian minister. What is it they call it - Presbyterian holy water?

Some questions for Wednesday - the day when Sunday becomes a reality:
  • Can I write a sermon this week?
  • Can I write a sermon without coffee?
  • Why would I want to try? :)
Some of life's greatest pleasures:
  • The smell of coffee beans as they are grinding
  • The sound of that first spurt of water as the coffee begins to brew
  • The first sip of black gold on a chilly autumn morning
  • Watching the sun come up as the steam rises from my mug
What a thrill- and a vindication - to read that scientists/nutritionists now believe that coffee is good for me! Take that, all you virtuous health nuts!

7 Comments:

Blogger Iris said...

Have a piece of dark chocolate along with your coffee and you've got a complete anti-oxidant rich meal!

6:55 PM  
Blogger Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

Mmmmm...YEAH!

12:40 AM  
Blogger Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

Thanks for stopping by...but why can't you wear a BIG cross???

11:04 AM  
Blogger Nina Reeder said...

Why can't I wear a BIG cross? Good question, and I don't quite know the answer. There's something about those BIG ol' in your face crosses that always feels like a wall to me, a wall that divides those of us who want to follow Christ from everyone else. No one talks to strangers with BIG crosses, you might get hit over the head with them. I'd rather wear the smile that I think Jesus wore on his face - far more user friendly. But that's just me:}

7:09 AM  
Blogger Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

Oh, I get you. You can wear one but you don't want to. I hear you. I do have some that are not tiny--but that guy's--whoooo scary. But see, that is why he got r.e.s.p.e.c.t. He was scary. ;-)

12:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'll drink a cup of coffee with you anytime.

10:19 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Ahh.... coffee... with fat free sugar free hazelnut creamer.. my favorite way to write/procrastinate from writing...

:)
d

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home