Friday, October 19, 2007

Friday Five - Top Chef Edition

If you were a food, what would you be? A terrific loaf of crusty dense warm french bread - crunchy and a little sharp on the outside, warm, flavorful and satisfying on the inside, and perhaps on occasion capable of contributing positively to the quality of life:)

What is one of the most memorable meals you ever had? And where?
My husband and I ate at the most wonderful oldtime San Francisco restaurant on our honeymoon about a hundred years ago. (I was a child bride - which accounts for the fact that I've been married a hundred years and I'm still so young.) We ate vichysoisse, prime rib, and cheesecake attended by a wine steward who was the twin brother of the little guy on Fantasy Island.

What is your favorite comfort food from childhood?
Tuna casserole. The sure cure for a lousy day at the pop stand.

When going to a church potluck, what one recipe from your kitchen is sure to be a hit?
When you are a female pastor, church potlucks constitute a wonderful opportunity to affirm the gifts of others. And to get a night off from the kitchen.

What's the strangest thing you ever willingly ate?
Tripe - hands down. I didn't swallow it, though.

Bonus question: What’s your favorite drink to order when looking forward to a great meal?
A great glass of merlot - even the color is mouthwatering.

7 Comments:

Blogger j said...

I heart your church potluck answer, and say a thousand amens!

10:14 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You are so right about the potlucks!

10:18 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Agreed to the potlucks...though my church rarely has them. :-( But my husband does his share of the cooking (so far) so it's OK.

Tuna Casserole...mmm...that brings up childhood memories for me too!

10:52 AM  
Blogger Sally said...

with you on the potluck answer, I often find myself explaining why I haven't baked/ arranged flowers... I think I'm gonna stop and simply enjoy others talents- great play.

12:32 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What is tripe?

3:55 PM  
Blogger RevHRod said...

So what did you do with the tripe? Hmmm..... ;-)

7:48 PM  
Blogger Iris said...

I used to feel guilty about not making something for potlucks. No more!

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home